Pages

Rob's Status

    Tears in Rain

    Psalm 45:1

    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    Galatians 2:20

    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

    <---Posts--->

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Thursday, January 14, 2010

    Goodday Sunshine




    You the know the terrible thing about living off campus?

    Is the drive.

    I'm always telling myself, "If it wasn't for the stressful drive through downtown, my life would be less stressful"

    But the compromise would mean leaving my five--soon to be six *wink*--siblings for an entire semester. And of course I would miss my parents as well. I would have weekends to visit I suppose. But see, I'm currently living in Houston and by 2011 I hope to move to Austin to further a more focused attention in radio, television, and film production.

    I should probably share how I got so interested in film especially at one point or another but the sad thing is I only have so very little time to write down these little blurbs in the morning.

    I have found that I must wake up at least two hours before my class actually starts... Because it takes practically an hour to drive and I need at least one hour to wake myself up. It is extremely dangerous to wake up, throw your cloths on, not eat, not take a shower, and throw my books into a bag (hoping I got the right ones) and proceed to drive for 45-60 minutes in rush hour traffic.

    Now, I refuse to get up and first thing pick up something to read or write. I normally am too confused or exhausted to even open my eye lids for one thing, but I would still like to remain as creative and active as possible for I really would rather go back to sleep. In all actuality, I have to find reasons to be awake especially so early.

    And this is one major price I pay while choosing to live at home.

    On the upside, I do get to stay and see a family that loves me on a daily basis.

    Free food and lodge and laundry.

    So it's good to mutch off. . . But that also requires me to help out more which shouldn't be an issue since I am getting service for water and electricity without paying a time. So taking any of this for granted is out of the question.

    Taking my safety for granted when I go to sleep at night is out of the question too, but I'll further expound on that another time. It's very interesting the things I'm discovering about my American Government that I long to share. So, I'm looking forward to that. 

    So in the morning, I HAVE to eat something (usually cereal and orange juice; though, that get's old).

    I have made it a pressing issue to follow the weather everyday now but that can be somewhat depressing especially to find out it's going to rain all week, but at least I won't be surprised or unprepared.

    Well, enough chitchat for now. It's 6:45 and that should give me enough time to get ready and run out the door. I guess it would be a good idea to already be dressed and my books in my bag. I'm so tired in the morning, though, I'm worried I'll put my legs through my shirt and my pants over my head...

    Okay, maybe I wouldn't do that, but still. . .

    I'll write what's in my journal later this evening. Later though I'm going to video a men's basketball game for instant replay purposes which I've never done so it's sure to be an adventure.

    Here's to a good day! I hope indeed you have a good one yourself.

    Talk to you later,

    ~Rob



    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    No comments: