Pages

Rob's Status

    Tears in Rain

    Psalm 45:1

    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    Galatians 2:20

    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

    <---Posts--->

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Saturday, August 14, 2010

    Fire Eyes


    by Rob Oakley

    Passion filled desires leaves it's presence on a weary heart
    Fire Eyes stare back and scream it's never easy for a start
    working night and day on things that never really seem to pay
    my head is sweaty, these hands are bloody, and I'm still not listening
    dreams seldom put to sleep these visions
    all I thought I needed was a little provision

    like fire needs air while chocking on it's smoke

    Light a flame
    watch embers burn
    slowly vaporized

    Light my eyes
    See a soul that's torn
    now only tranquilized

    For Fire Eyes stare back and scream it's never been easy
    can't feel the passion, can't see through my gaze
    Fire Eyes fixed betwixt a promise of heaven and this hellish haze

    What feels so temporary and worth only something in the end?

    Fire Eyes now turned to ash,

    blind (so blind)

    but can finally see...

    this passion filled heart of mine was never meant for me.

    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    No comments: