Pages

Rob's Status

    Tears in Rain

    Psalm 45:1

    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    Galatians 2:20

    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

    <---Posts--->

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Monday, March 29, 2010

    You know that feeling...




    The feeling you get when you’re asleep but you still feel like you’re awake?

    It’s a restless tossing and turning that all thanks goes to having too much on the mind...

    I understand the necessity of resting the eyes and the feet, I tend to do it even when I feel the need during the day. But my mind... My mind seems to never sleep, never rest.

    And it’s not a simple shutdown that I’m looking for, but a pattern of thought that ends.

    To take everything I was thinking about the day before, or anything I’m worried about, and just stop thinking about it...

    Being anxious for nothing isn’t nearly as easy as it seems...

    But I would do good to at least put myself in a position where I didn’t have to worry about anything because I took the responsibility of securing whatever it is I’m concerned about. I asked questions, I did my research, I tied the loose ends, I even said I was sorry...

    Yet still, I feel like I can never get any sound and peaceful rest...

    Sometimes I get too much sleep... In fact, I think sometimes I get just enough and the truth behind my lack of rest is I’d rather be resting then living... This would explain why I’m so worried about getting up the next day, the tossing and turning comes from me not wanting to face any present or future consequences.

    I’m really not afraid of getting dirty... But I tend to avoid it whenever I can.

    This will surely lead me to failure and even. . .

    Death.

    They say that one third of your life is spent sleeping...

    Let’s start making more of what two thirds we have left...


    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    No comments: