Pages

Rob's Status

    Tears in Rain

    Psalm 45:1

    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    Galatians 2:20

    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

    <---Posts--->

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Friday, August 22, 2008

    New Beginnings



    By Robert W. Oakley

    -----The moment I walked on campus, the moment I sat down with a counselor to discuss my future, the moment I was told you’re all ready to go, at those moments I felt a change. What change is this that seems so radical and so daunting and so alien? What feeling is this that seems so wonderful and so horrible at the same time? What new beginning, what new adventure, and what new frontier have I found? College. . . Is that what they call it, higher education? is that where I am, is this my new beginning, and is this the change? I’d expect nothing else after graduating high school but. . . This is so new!

    -----Well for those of you who don’t know I am now enrolled into my local community college and I am so excited! I am enthusiastic, I am prepared, and I am ecstatic about this new beginning, this new way of life. For this 1st semester, I will be taking some core classes in Math and English as well as a few other classes which will go towards my degree in Communications which are Intro to Theater, Intro to Mass Communications, and an Acting course which is the only class that won’t transfer; however, I believe the experience and the amount of fun I’ll have will be well worth it.

    -----Being a full time student though will be a little rough I’m afraid… So you may not hear from me as often as usual; on the contrary, I am very excited about this school year and am looking forward to keeping most of you as up-to-date as possible.

    I still can wait to see the rest of your top ten lists of summer ’08!

    Keep in touch,

    ~Rob aka. The Renaissance--Man

    3 comments:

    Marina said...

    Wow. I bet your glad your not going away from your family.

    The acting sounds cool!

    Hannah Banana said...

    Oh man! Have fun at college and learn useful stuffs! ;)
    It sounds like hard work but also fun. Keep us posted as often as you can. :)

    Hannah Banana said...

    PS. {Nice new layout}