Pages

Rob's Status

    Tears in Rain

    Psalm 45:1

    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    Galatians 2:20

    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

    <---Posts--->

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Sunday, September 18, 2011

    First Day of Class



                The first day of class featured Mr. Michael Mandt, president of Fluidyne Corporation, a globally recognized leader in wastewater treatment technologies. He earned both his undergraduate and graduate degrees through Ohio State University. His lectures and discussions of the day covered mainly the ideas of science vs. religion.

    Although the first few segments of class felt like mere introductions to the instructor and his teachings, Mr. Mandt got a good feel for the student body and our understanding of the current times and knowledge of Biblical truth. I personally admired and appreciated his easing us into the topics at hand as much was revealed and refreshed to my current understanding of evolutionary ideas conflicting with the ideas of intelligent design. Knowing that science is more on the side of Christianity than it actually is to secular science and evolution is quite the comforting and encouraging thought as we were later able to conclude after going thought the motions of what each school of thought actually believed in and how they came to such conclusions.

    Just by comparing and contrasting our supposed origins showed a lot of what true science is capable of revealing. Romans 1:18-25 plainly shows us that God is revealed in all things and even the wickedness and perversion of humanity is without excuse. It is their suppression of the truth in unrighteousness that continues to cause them to tell vicious lies against the Christian faith and I feel that it is highly imperative that believers across the globe should better equip themselves with the knowledge of God to combat such deceit and further expand the Kingdom and love of Christ.

    A lot of what Mr. Mandt lectured on toward the end of the day felt to go a little over my head. I can’t quite decide whether that was due to my fatigue or that it just was too deep in science for me to completely understand. I thought it all rather intriguing all the same despite my ability to understand it fully. Although I feel like I could ask him plenty of questions to help solidify and clarify his teaching, I have an inkling it will just take a little bit of reading for me to really begin to grasp such subjects of time and space. Despite the difficulty and ambiguity of it all based solely of course on my lack of knowledge, I know what was discussed last evening will have a lasting impact and the truly mysterious and magnificent work of God our creator.  


    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    No comments: