Pages

Rob's Status

    Tears in Rain

    Psalm 45:1

    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    Galatians 2:20

    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

    <---Posts--->

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Friday, May 14, 2010

    Stained Glass Without a Sun






    I am Stained with colours 
    I am Strained of Impurities 

    I am etched of poetry 
    I am drawn with delicacy 

    I am here where you can see
    I am drawn so you can understand

    My story

    My life 

    My past, present, and future. . .

    But today my stained colours are dim
    My impurities back again

    My poetry slacked 
    And drawn without tact 

    For who am I?

    To think I could shine brighter then any of you...

    I am here where you cannot see 
    I am drawn but you cannot understand

    My story

    My life

    My gifts, strengths, and dreams...

    I am stained glass without a sun

    To shine through me
    To shine for me
    To shine for you

    So we can see...

    The beautiful colours that are not made by me...

    But for us

    So we can see...

    Our story

    Our life

    Our hopes and dreams...

    Behold the curtains are drawn
    And we hide so ever shamefully 

    Take our stained glass, 
    Take our colours,
    Take...

    Our story

    Our life

    Our past, present, and future...

    Our hopes and dreams...

    And share it with the world

    For stained glass without a sun

    Cannot shine on it's own.

    Draw up the curtains

    And let the sun in.

    Glow bright, straight, and true

    for our colours are beautiful indeed.

    But I need a sun, as do we all

    For stained glass without a sun is dim indeed...

    Open up your curtains

    Let the sun shine through

    So our life, our story, our savior...

    Can come into.

    Our hearts

    Our minds

    Our souls

    For evermore...

    Amen.

    Matthew 5:14-16

    14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.


    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    Wow, that's beautiful. And quite convicting, too.
    On my round of my friends' blogs, I almost didn't take the time to stop in- now I'm glad I did!