Pages

Rob's Status

    Tears in Rain

    Psalm 45:1

    "My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer."

    Galatians 2:20

    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

    <---Posts--->

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Saturday, February 2, 2008

    Aspiration


    -----I am standing on a beach peering across a vast sea with a an unnatural purplish blue sky, dark blue clouds, and lighting bursting in the distance; the water is transparent yet thick as blue paint tossing about the wind; and the beach, the beach is a deserted, barren, and an empty thing, and I say thing because it seemed alive. There is nothing behind me but mountains and nothing in front of me but the sea and a dock which extended about 60 feet across the water. As I stared beyond the dark and corroded dock and into the distance wondering why I was there, a strong breeze brushed across my face and a warm glow of green and blue and yellow light shown throughout the horizon. I gazed further to see a figure in white robes. I had this strange desire to go out to him but I was afraid... A voice said, “come” and I ran to the dock and dashed across the planks. No longer could I feel the cool sand nor the harsh wood but the cool water beneath my feet. I was in amazement! I was walking on the water! I increased my stride as my desire to reach this person intensified. CRASH! ROAR! HISS! The wind began to shriek, the waves began to beat against me. Fear consumed and I began to sink! “God NO!” was all I could think then.
    -----I couldn’t understand… I knew I was dreaming but all I could do was watch myself drown. I tried with all my strength to swim back up but the sea was just too strong… I just couldn’t do it by myself. As I held my breath in my dream I held it in reality trying so hard to come back up for air but I just couldn’t do it. I felt so alone, so scared, and in such despair that I just couldn’t do anything. My sight began to fade, my life began to fade, and my dream began to fade. When my hope of reaching the surface was almost completely gone, SWOOP! Went a mighty hand, grabbing me by the chest, and out of the water. It was an incredible feeling… I gasped for air and awoke form my dream.
    -----It seemed so real. . . It seemed so real was all that I could think. As I pondered such an experience naturally I recalled the same experience Peter had as he walked on water out to His savior. It was a lack of faith and a lack of focus that caused Peter to hesitate and fall but it was Jesus Christ that gave him true strength and ability to do the impossible. It is my prayer that I can cut off my fear of drowning in a world of deep inequity and leap out with faith that God will catch me and never let me go. I want to do what He commands me without hesitation, never losing focus of His perfection, and always looking forward to my chief end--To glorify and enjoy Him forever. Amen

    2 comments:

    Sam Wick said...

    Wow. True story? That is really uplifing, amazing, butiful, wonderful, ...

    Hannah Banana said...

    That's so ... so ... wow ... That's got to be a God-given dream! That's awesome!